For those of you who have ventured to look at options beyond regular science, and opted for commerce in the 12th, let us assure you, there is a wide range of options out there.
Here, we have listed some of the important job-oriented courses that you can take up after finishing your 12th board exams in commerce.
- BCom. – Bachelor of Commerce is the most popular course that commerce students generally take up after their schooling. There are several reasons for that– it is a relatively easier course to pursue, several institutes (both government and private) offer this course and this course makes students eligible to apply for different job-oriented courses later (like M.B.A., skill-oriented and vocational courses). After completing this course you can go for M. Com. which will help you in getting teaching jobs. Other than this, there are several government jobs for BCom Graduates. You may also apply for finance, accountancy and clerk posts in private companies after finishing BCom.
- Law– According to the new rule, 12th passed commerce students can pursue Law course with the only requirement that the course should be an integrated one i.e. 5-year course. These courses are a combination of the traditional LLB and a degree course, for e.g. LLB and BCom. After finishing the course, you can work with the law firms, to begin with. With gradual experience, you can start a private practice or start your own consulting and even a law firm!
- CA– The work responsibilities of a CA or Chartered Accountant involves ensuring that the financial affairs of companies and businesses are in tandem with the government rules. This includes looking into financial transactions, tax affairs and creating reports accordingly. You can begin applying for Common Proficiency Test (CPT) managed by the ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) after completing 10+2. After clearing CPT, you have to appear for CA Inter. Once you clear this, you have to undergo Information Technology Training Course followed by a final exam of CA. When you clear this exam, you become a CA. However, studying for this course requires a lot of patience and hard work but once you complete it, there is a whole lot of exciting career prospects waiting for you. You can take up positions in the Finance department of both government and private enterprises. Later, you can work independently as a consultant or private auditor who can be hired by businesses and companies.
- BBA– The Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA is a 3 year Degree course. After completing this course, one can pursue MBA (or Master of Business Administration). In case you don’t want to go for further studies after completing BBA, you can go for the managerial jobs in the private companies. Several top MNCs have openings for talented graduates to work in their finance and management departments. The Government sector also has jobs for BBA graduates, but the numbers are fewer as compared to the private sectors.
- BA in Economics– Bachelor in Economics or BA in Eco is a rewarding course and has great opportunities in the employment sector, both in government and private. There are several government posts which you can apply for after completing this course. In private sectors, you can work in the finance related posts.